This article will examine how to avoid your domain from being listed in SORBS.
SORBS (Spam and Open Relay Blocking System) is a database of known spam sources, including IP addresses, domains, and email addresses. If your domain gets listed in SORBS, it can negatively impact your email deliverability and reputation. Here are some steps you can take to avoid getting listed in SORBS:
- Use a reputable email service provider: If you use a reputable email service provider (ESP) that has a good reputation and follows best practices for email delivery, it is less likely that your domain will get listed in SORBS.
- Monitor your email bounce rates: High bounce rates can be a sign that your emails are being marked as spam, which can lead to your domain getting listed in SORBS. Keep an eye on your bounce rates and address any issues promptly.
- Verify your email list: Make sure that you only send emails to people who have opted-in to receive them. Sending unsolicited emails is a common reason for getting listed in SORBS.
- Monitor your email reputation: Use a service like Sender Score to monitor your email reputation. This will give you an idea of how your emails are being perceived by email providers and allow you to address any issues before they lead to your domain getting listed in SORBS.
- Follow best practices for email marketing: Follow best practices for email marketing, such as using a clear and recognizable “from” name and address, including an unsubscribe link in every email, and including a physical mailing address in the emails.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that your domain stays off the SORBS list and maintain a good reputation for email deliverability.
That’s how to avoid your domain from being listed in SORBS.
Take control of where your business appears in digital. Brandalytics is a team of highly experienced, trained, and certified digital marketing experts versed in all business verticals. We only do one thing and we do it very well; digital.