If you’re a lawyer, chances are you know a thing or two about SEO. After all, optimizing your website for search engines is essential if you want to attract new clients and grow your law firm. But what exactly does SEO entail? And how can you go about it without spending hours upon hours in front of a computer?
Let’s take a look at a few basics of SEO for lawyers. By following these simple tips, you can make sure your law firm’s website is visible to the people who are looking for legal services just like yours.
SEO Basics for Lawyers
Understand What Your Clients Are Searching For
The first step in Optimizing your law firm’s website for search engines is understanding what potential clients are actually searching for. What terms and phrases are they using when they go online to find a lawyer? Once you know this, you can start to include these terms in your website content, both on your main website pages as well as in any blog posts or articles you write.
Include Keywords Naturally
Including keywords throughout your website content is important, but it’s also important to make sure that the keywords fit naturally into the text. Otherwise, your website will come across as spammy and unprofessional. A good rule of thumb is to keep your keyword density around 1-2%. This means that for every 100 words of text, one or two of those words should be a keyword or key phrase.
Use Different Types of Content
Search engines like websites that offer a variety of content types, so try to include different types of content on your site. In addition to traditional text-based articles, consider adding video content, infographics, or even podcasts. This will not only help you attract more visitors to your site, but it will also help you keep them there longer which can improve your search engine rankings.
Promote Your Content
Once you’ve created great content, make sure it gets seen by promoting it through social media and other channels. The more people who see and interact with your content, the better chance it has of ranking high in search results. SEO for lawyers requires content development.
A Quick & Dirty Guide to SEO for Lawyers
Let’s face it, most lawyers are not web-savvy. When it comes to Search Engine Optimization (SEO), lawyers tend to fall into one of two camps: those who think it’s unnecessary and a waste of time, and those who don’t really understand what it is but know they should be doing it.
If you fall into the latter category, this post is for you. We’ll keep it short and sweet so you can get back to doing what you do best: practicing law. Ready? Let’s dive in.
What is SEO?
In a nutshell, SEO is the process of optimizing your website to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). The higher your site ranks, the more likely people are to find it when they’re searching for answers to their legal questions.
Why is SEO important for lawyers?
Consider this: according to a recent survey, 61% of respondents said they would never click on an ad to find a lawyer; instead, they would begin their search with a Google search. That means if your firm’s website doesn’t show up on the first page of results, you’re missing out on a whole lot of potential clients.
How can I improve my firm’s SEO?
There are many factors that go into SEO, but here are a few quick and easy things you can do to get started:
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly. More and more people are conducting searches on their phones, so it’s important that your site looks good and is easy to navigate on a small screen.
- Add fresh content regularly. This could be in the form of blog posts, articles, FAQs, or even just updates to your practice areas or contact information. The more content you have, the more opportunities you have to include relevant keywords that will help people find your site.
- Build links. Links from other websites help improve your site’s authority in Google’s eyes, which in turn can help your rankings. Focus on quality over quantity though—a link from a high-quality website will do more for your SEO than a link from a spammy website. You can also build links by including relevant keywords in your website’s copy and then linking those keywords to other pages on your site. For example, if you have a page about personal injury law, you could link the phrase “personal injury” to that page whenever it appears elsewhere on your site.
That’s it! By following these simple tips, you can start improving your firm’s SEO little by little. And as always, if you need help along the way we’re here for you—feel free to reach out to us at Metric Marketing for all your digital marketing needs!
Take control of where your business appears in Google Search. Brandalytics is a team of highly experienced, trained, and certified digital marketing experts versed in all business verticals. We only do one thing and we do it very well; digital.
- Chat GPT for Flights: Revolutionizing Air Travel with AI - July 25, 2023
- Best Tattoo Artists in Fort Worth: Discover Fort Worth’s Finest - June 28, 2023
- Chat GPT for Mac: Unlocking New Conversations with AI - June 19, 2023