Google has released a new analytic platform called GA4. It is incredibly important that you setup your GA4 instance as soon as possible because universal Analytics will no longer process new data in standard properties beginning July 1, 2023.
We have plenty of time until then, however it’s a wise decision to begin the setup of your GA4 property so that you can become familiar with the new toolset, and immediately be able to drive value for your team on July 1, 2023.
This article will walk you through the transition of your universal analytics to GA4.
GA4 Setup Assistant wizard
Google Analytics has a setup wizard that will help navigate you through the process. Below we have highlighted a few of the key areas you will need to focus on:
- Navigate to your admin>and look for the GA4 assistant
- Select the connect property icon
- Turn ON google Signals
- This will allow you to Access aggregated data from people with Google accounts who allow Ads Personalization.
- Import your conversion
- This will allow you to Identify the key user interactions most important to your business.
- Import your audiences
- Will help you Find, group, and remarket to your most engaged visitors.
- Link Your Google Ads Account
- Connect to your Google Ads account, so your GA4 audiences and conversion-event data are exported to Google
At this point your GA4 instance will be set up in its most basic form. Allow your instance 24-48 hours to start collecting data before you start to make any modifications. From there, you can begin to work with your developers and marketers to identify new opportunities the platform can track and analyze.